This is just one of the interpretation of Howie Day's song, Collide. Just set back and read in as my way of interpreting this song. .


The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking

And I'm tangled up in you Yeah

Will, obviously, the song speaks of a relationship. Not just any ordinary relationship, but a starting relationship between two people. " You're barely waking. And I'm tangled up in you", he was falling in love to her long before she knew it.




I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go

I worry I won't see your face

Light up again

"I'm open, you're closed", maybe the two of them have so many differences, but even of their difference, the narrator just keep on following the girl "Where I follow, you'll go", he's afraid that he might not see her again "I worry I won't see your face Light up again".




Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

"Even the best fall down sometimes", the narrator is afraid, because they have differences, he sees that even the best relationship falls down, how much more to them, many differences. But he finds a little hope, "Even the wrong words seem to rhyme", that even there's difference between them, even his mind was full of doubt, the two would seem to collide, " I somehow find You and I collide".



I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression

I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind

In this verse here, the narrator found out the the girl has also feelings for him. "I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind", but he wanted to just sit back because the guy just wants to see the girl from afar.




Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time

I somehow find

You and I collide



"Even the stars refuse to shine", even lovers in a relationship refuses to admit how they'd loved much each other. But the girl admitted her love in time, "Out of the back you fall in time".


Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind


This is the bridge part, the boy said to the girl not to stop in everything she'll do. Because he will lost his place on her, he's just there in everything she'll do.



Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find

You and I collide
You finally find

You and I collide


This last part, maybe the girl is saying this to the boy. Even the differences, the two realize the they can be with each other. Even with the doubts, love will still work out.

0 comments:


 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger-Whore | Distributed by eBlog Templates